Saturday 3 August 2013

Do you like ghost stories?

I love a supernatural tale.  I have fond memories of reading ghost stories aloud with my friends in the school library but as an adult I've been quite disappointed with some of the short ghost stories I've read.

I like to challenge myself with my writing.  I decided to write my own ghost story but I wanted to do it a little different.  I didn't want to rehash the old stereotypes, I wanted something modern with a twist.

What if the main character was a ghost but didn't know it?

How would they feel when they realised that they were dead?

And more importantly, what would happen next?

The result was a short story called The Boutique

When Alison closes up her fashion boutique for the night, a chance encounter with Peter, the security guard, changes her life forever. Peter is used to people looking straight through him, but when Alison engages in conversation he's faced with the dark realisation that she is just like him. A short ghost story with a heartwarming twist. 

The Boutique is available to download for free from Smashwords.  I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment