Thursday 13 June 2013

The trilogy is complete

So, that's it then.  The Heaven Knows trilogy is complete.

I know it sounds daft but I kind of feel a bit sad to be leaving Angel and her friends.  From the opening lines of Heaven Knows This Time I lived with the characters in my head, wondering what they would do next and how they would handle all the bad stuff I threw at them.

I still feel guilty about Simon, he was a unique character and one of my favourites, but he played his part and was the catalyst for everything that was to follow.

I had fun with Lora, the flaky party girl with a heart of gold.  She's the perfect BFF, even if her mouth isn't always connected to her brain.  Livi was fun to write too but Oliver was quite tricky.  He might look like his brother but his personality is quite different.  It was interesting writing the relationship between him and Angel.  I wanted them to have a close relationship but I didn't want it to be physical, even though at times it nearly was.

Angel is no heroine, she started out as a blank canvas, passive and obedient, but I think she grew up into a pretty strong young woman, despite what I put her through.  Miles is her rock and I think they make a pretty cute couple.  They're aren't perfect but who is?

I had too much fun writing the novels, drawing on happy memories of going to  gigs when I was a teenager and mucking about in bands.  I especially enjoyed writing from Miles's point of view in Angel's Shadow.  It wasn't easy putting myself in the head of a 24 year old man but I felt the story needed his voice.

It's hard to believe I only started writing these books 18 months ago but I didn't have to think too hard about any of the story lines.  The plot came together pretty well and  I really hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoyed writing them.

I still have to finish Lora's Secret Diary but for now I'm going to close the door on Angel and concentrate on other writing projects.  I recently wrote a short vampire story, The Last Bite which you can download for free from Smashwords.  I've also written a short ghost story which I've entered into a competition and I'm currently working on a novella about love and knitting.  I think I might be addicted to this writing lark!

Anyway, thank you for all your support and I hope you enjoy my books :)





No comments:

Post a Comment