Wednesday 17 April 2013

You know I have a thing about shoes...

When I'm not writing and looking after the children, I like to make things.  I am a serial crafter.  I am also a shoe addict.  I love shoes, I have far too many shoes but I always find myself needing more.

I love shoes that are a bit different, that stand out from the crowd, like Irregular Choice and Iron Fist but they can be quite expensive and as I have mobility problems, the heels are impossible for me to walk in.  As a crafter I wasn't going to let lack of funds and my disability get in the way.  I thought I'd make some!

I had a pair of green not-too-high heels that I bought in the sale and never wore.  They are comfortable but they didn't really go with any of my clothes so they sat there, unloved in the back of my wardrobe. I raided my stash of Japanese fabrics, watched a few videos on Youtube and sat down with my glue, Exacto knife and sewing kit.  And this is what I made!


I glued the fabric to the heels and cut around the edges with my Exacto knife to neaten it up.  Then I made two bows with buttons at the centre and stitched them onto some shoe clips I bought on eBay.  Ta dah!  My own crazy custom shoes!  I can't wait to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment